Early Childhood Teacher
- ABOVE Award Wage
- Job Security – Permanent role
- 5 hours per week of non-contact programming time
- Quarterly meetings with all of QCCS ECTS
- Quarterly support visit from QCCS Early Learning Education Manager
- Paid Professional Development workshops and training
- Incentives for studying applicants or those looking to upskill
Lockyer Valley Early Education Centre and Preschool is pleased to be operating a Queensland Government approved Kindergarten Program with a qualified Early Childhood Teacher. This program is aimed at preparing our pre-prep children for primary school. Our Centre implements the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline and focuses on building upon children’s learning and development including literacy and numeracy skills as well as exploring the foundations of mathematics and science.
The Early Childhood Teacher will work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting and evaluation in accordance with the National Quality Framework.
This position is for a second Early Childhood Teacher who will have the opportunity to work alongside the current qualified Teacher. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently studying to just stepping into a new position. You will have plenty or support and the opportunity to learn and work alongside someone with experience.
The successful applicant must have a strong desire to provide high quality care as well as exceptional leadership skills. Suitable applicants must be able to meet the following criteria;
- Hold a current blue card/Exemption card
- Hold a current first aid and CPR
- Hold a relevant Early Childhood Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood or an ACECQA approved equivalent
- OR Hold a Diploma in children’s services and be studying a relevant Bachelor
- OR Be at least 50% through a relevant Bachelor
- Be passionate about living a healthy lifestyle as this is imperative to be a role model for the children in our care
- Above award pay rate for suitably Qualified applicants
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Child Care fees
- Job Sustainability
- Additional incentives
- Well resourced rooms
You will be provided with an hour programming time each day along with support from a management team, including regular time with the centre Educational Leader. Regular professional development opportunities also provided.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please email through your resume and a cover letter relating to why you are the best candidate for this position.