Free bus pick up service
Queensland Childcare Services recognises that not all families have access to private or public transport therefore, most of our Centres offer a free bus service (check individual Centre page to see if your preferred location offer this service).
Our bus drivers are highly experienced in driving as well as the care of your child. Strict behaviour codes apply to all who travel on the bus including how we embark and disembark the bus.
The make and model of the Centre buses are a 12 seater, Toyota Hi-ace filled with the appropriate child restraints.
For safety reasons:
- Excursion ratios are maintained at all times and each bus is fitted with a mobile telephone.
- Buses are not permitted to travel along roadways where the speed limit exceeds 80km per hour.
- All buses are members of the RACQ
- The buses have regular 6 monthly inspections by the Queensland Department of Transport to ensure the buses comply with the Department’s regulations regarding public transport.
Due to the high demand for our service, certain conditions apply:
- School children will be picked up and dropped off to and from designated local schools (see Nominated Supervisor for a list).
- Children not attending school may be eligible to use the bus if the child is unable to be transported to the Centre otherwise. For example, in emergency situations or no car available however, this is at the discretion of the Nominated Supervisor and only applicable for the Centres who offer home pick up and drop off.
- The bus will only service a 10km radius around the Centre.