During this difficult time Queensland Childcare Services main priority is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our children, families and educators. As an essential service we have implemented additional COVID safe precautions at our centres, which are:
QCCS COVID Safe Plan
- Parents/guardians please wear a face mask on drop off and pick up. This is not required for children under 12 years old
- Drop off and collection from the front door and only parent or guardian
- Temperature checks of all children and staff each day
- All parents, staff and visitors must check in through the QLD Check In app.
- Strict cleaning regimes that include hand washing, cleaning hard surfaces using (eWater to combat COVID 19) and social distancing
- All QCCS Staff, Tradesmen and professional visitors are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
QCCS use eWater Disinfectant to combat COVID 19 within our centres. The eWater is TGA listed to KILL COVID 19 in 1 minute! eWater Disinfectant is listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) as a commercial-grade hard surface disinfectant that is proven to kill Coronaviruses including COVID-19. The ingredients are world leading and only include the below:
eWater Disinfectant is produced using world leading electrolysis technology using only salt, water and electricity to generate Hypochlorous Acid.
Organic ingredients, contains no additives, fragrances or other harsh chemicals.
Find full details here: https://bit.ly/ewaterdisinfectant
QCCS have installed high-quality air purifiers in all our centre reception areas and in the event of illness or outbreak, these purifiers can be moved to the rooms affected.
Viruses such as the COVID-19 virus are usually transmitted by small aerosol particles when an infected person breathes out, or coughs or sneezes; these tiny droplets can stay in the air for a long time, up to an hour or more. When used properly, air cleaners and HEPA filters can help reduce airborne contaminants including viruses. By itself, air cleaning or filtration is not enough to protect people from COVID-19. HOWEVER, used along with our QCCS Covid Safe Plan, including hand washing, cleaning hard surfaces, social distancing, and mask wearing, filtration is part of our plan to reduce the potential of airborne transmission of COVID-19 inside our centres.
Rest assured QCCS is doing everything we can to keep our families, staff and children SAFE!