Free bus pick up service
Queensland Childcare Services recognises that not all families have access to private /public transport, therefore creating a free bus service in some areas (check Centre Locations for Centres offering this service).
Our bus drivers are very experienced in driving as well as the care of your child. Strict behaviour codes apply to all who travel on the bus, right down to how we embark and disembark the bus.
The make and model of the centre buses are Toyota Hi-ace, 12 seater and filled with the appropriate child restraints.
For safety reasons:
- Excursion ratios are maintained at all times and each bus is fitted with a mobile telephone.
- Buses are not permitted to travel along roadways where the speed limit exceeds 80km per hour.
- All buses are members of the RACQ
- The buses have regular 6 monthly inspections by the Queensland Department of Transport to ensure the buses comply with the Department’s regulations regarding public transport.
Due to the high demand for our service, certain conditions apply:
- School children will be picked up and dropped off to and from designated local schools (see Director for a list).
- Children not attending school may be eligible to use the bus if the child is unable to be transported to the Centre otherwise, e.g. no car, emergency situations, this is at the discretion of the Director and only applicable for Centres which pick children up from home.
- The bus will only service a 10km radius around the Centre.